Complaints Procedure

Complaints Procedure – 13/09/2021

Our commitment

We will be receptive to any complaint and will consider it in detail and with the seriousness it merits. We will respond to any complaint promptly.

Any complaint will be treated confidentially.

We will take all criticism into account to improve our service in the future.

Who to contact

In the first instance, please raise any complaint or concern with the mediator who handled your case. We find that an informal discussion over the telephone is often the best way to deal with complaints.

Should you remain dissatisfied after discussing the matter, or if you prefer to write, please write to your mediator directly with full details. It would be helpful if you could include your name, the name of the party / parties on the other side of any mediation and the date of any mediation that has taken place or is booked. It would also be helpful if you could provide a telephone number (even if you have already provided one) to make sure that we have a record of it should we need to contact you urgently for any reason.

If you remain unhappy after receiving the mediator's response, or if the complaint does not relate to an particular mediator but is about an aspect of our administration, you should write to our Mediator –

Alex Christian


Alternatively, if your complaint is about Alex Christian, you should contact Mediator

Alice Holtom


If writing is not an appropriate form of communicating for you, please let us know and we'll let you have a telephone number on which you can contact Alex or Alice. They would be happy to listen to you.

What we will do

Upon receiving any complaint in writing, either the individual mediator, Alex Christian or Alice Holtom we will acknowledge your complaint within five working days. The complaint will be investigated fully and in detail. We may need to contact you for further information.

Thereafter a written response will be provided within ten working days, unless a short extension of that time period is required, in which case we will discuss that with you.

If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer your complaint to the Society of Mediators: